What is AspireAssist®
The AspireAssist® is a non-surgical and reversible weight loss solution for people with obesity. The comprehensive program includes a device placed in the stomach, one year of nutritional counseling, and an online community to help keep your weight loss on track. With the AspireAssist, there are no particular foods or beverages that are off-limits, although you’ll gradually learn to eat healthier.
How does it work?
Our trained gastroenterologist places the AspireAssist device in the stomach. The patient can then eat regular meals at home or in public, and later remove about 30% of the food from the stomach before the calories are absorbed into the body, causing weight loss.
How much weight can I lose with AspireAssist?
In a U.S. clinical trial, patients lost 3x more weight with the AspireAssist than those receiving only diet and exercise counseling. The most successful patients – those who used the device regularly and made gradual lifestyle changes – lost up to 107 pounds in the first year.
How long do I use the device?
Although the AspireAssist is intended and safe for long-term use, it can be removed at any time in a 10-minute same-day procedure.
What support will I receive with the program?
An important part of the AspireAssist therapy is a physician-monitored plan to establish healthier habits and make lifestyle changes that can support your weight loss. Your medical team will help you monitor weight loss, retention of nutrients, fluids and electrolytes, and button site health.
Hanna lost 77 pounds in 10 months with AspireAssist
FACTS ABOUT ASPIRE ASSIST
- In clinical trials, patients lost 3 times more weight than with diet and exercise counseling.
- Some AspireAssist patients have lost over 100 pounds in the first year.
- The AspireAssist procedure is performed under “twilight anesthesia” and takes about 15 minutes.
- Because GI anatomy is not altered with AspireAssist, patients have none of the side effects that are reported with more invasive weight loss procedures.
- Patients can often return home within one to two hours, and be back at work quickly.