Colon Cancer Symptoms Raleigh, NC
Among cancer’s most fatal forms is colon cancer. Symptoms among Raleigh, NC patients may differ, which is why it is important to have yourself checked by a gastroenterologist if you suspect that you’re exhibiting colon cancer symptoms. Raleigh, North Carolina residents are urged to take extra precautions against this deadly disease.
What Is Colon Cancer? - Colon Cancer Symptoms Raleigh North Carolina
Before we discuss colon cancer symptoms among Raleigh, North Carolina patients, let us first establish what colon cancer is. Colon cancer starts when tumorous growth develops in the large intestine. In most cases, the risk factors that lead to colon cancer are not genetic but acquired because of a person’s lifestyle.
Colon Cancer Symptoms in Raleigh, North Carolina
If you are showing any of these 11 common colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC, it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately:
- Colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC: Symptom #1 – Rectal bleeding
- Colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC: Symptom #2 – Unintentional weight loss
- Colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC: Symptom #3 – Weakness and fatigue
- Colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC: Symptom #4 – Nausea or vomiting
- Colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC: Symptom #5 – Change in bowel movement, including diarrhea or constipation
- Colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC: Symptom #6 – Incomplete bowel movement
- Colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC: Symptom #7 – Rectal bleeding
- Colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC: Symptom #8 – Recurring cramps or gas
- Colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC: Symptom #9 – Constant bloating
- Colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC: Symptom #10 – Rectal pressure
- Colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC: Symptom #11 – Cramping or abdominal pain
What to Do When You Exhibit Colon Cancer Symptoms in Raleigh, North Carolina
If you exhibit some of these symptoms but are unsure about your condition, do not fret. The most crucial thing to do is to have yourself immediately examined by a digestive care expert. A colonoscopy is essential for the early detection of colon cancer as it enables a gastroenterologist to thoroughly examine the condition of your intestine.
Cary Gastro has been providing premier quality digestive care to North Carolinians since 1986. Our board certified gastroenterologists implement a cutting-edge and evidence-based approach to diagnosing and treating patients. Our colon cancer screenings and procedures such as colonoscopy are trusted by hundreds of area physicians. This is supported by the fact that they refer their patients to us for gastrointestinal care and diagnosis.
Colon Cancer Symptoms in Raleigh, NC: Avoiding the Risk Factors of Colon Cancer
While it may be normal to worry when colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, North Carolina are showing, it is important to note that some risk factors for colon cancer are avoidable.
- Even before seeing colon cancer symptoms, Raleigh, North Carolina residents are advised to maintain a high-fiber diet
- Do not wait to have colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC. Avert cancer in general by leading an active lifestyle.
- People who have insulin resistance pose a higher risk of cancer. Be mindful of your sugar intake before colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, North Carolina start to appear.
- Manage your weight even before you show colon cancer symptoms. Raleigh, North Carolina residents who are diagnosed with obesity have an increased risk of having colon cancer.
- Do not wait to display colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, North Carolina before deciding to quit or at least limit your smoking.
- Heavy alcohol consumption is among the top causes of cancer. Limit alcohol intake before you notice colon cancer symptoms in Raleigh, NC.
Contact Cary Gastro, the Trusted Name for the Treatment of Colon Cancer
Do not let the symptoms of colon cancer slow you down. Early diagnosis and proper treatment is the key. Upon observing colon cancer symptoms, Raleigh, North Carolina residents are encouraged to schedule an appointment with one of our gastroenterologists. We can perform a colon screening to verify your condition before we create a treatment plan. Please call Cary Gastro to set a consultation with a physician.
Cary Gastro - Colon Cancer Symptoms Raleigh North Carolina
Cary Gastro has been providing high-quality digestive health care for more than 3 decades. We are the pioneers in private gastrointestinal (GI) practice in the region and offer premium healthcare 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our physicians, which include seven licensed gastroenterologists and hepatologists, are available to help you with various digestive problems. They have a combined experience of more than 90 years in the medical field.
Our Founder - Colon Cancer Symptoms Raleigh North Carolina
Dr. Michael R. Pike, M.D. established Cary Gastro back in 1986. He retired from practice back in 2014 after 28 years of unparalleled service in the region. Our clinic will forever be thankful for all of his contributions. We continue to follow his vision in offering excellent health care to the community.
Procedures We Offer - Colon Cancer Symptoms Raleigh North Carolina
Our treatment clinic conducts various procedures to help patients with various digestive conditions. Here are some of the tests performed by our clinics:
- Anorectal Manometry
- Esophageal Dilation
- Esophageal Manometry
- Esophageal pH/Impedance Testing
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- H. Pylori Breath Testing
- Hemorrhoid Banding Ligation
- Hydrogen Breath Testing
- Upper GI Endoscopy
- Video Capsule Endoscopy
- Weight Loss Options
Conditions We Treat - Colon Cancer Symptoms Raleigh North
At Cary Gastro, we specialize in treating different digestive conditions. Here are some of the conditions handled by our clinics:
- Acid Reflux
- Anal Fissures
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Celiac Disease
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn’s Disease
- Diverticular Disease
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE)
- Fecal Incontinence
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GER & GERD)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Lactose Intolerance
- Microscopic Colitis
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Smoking and the GI Tract
- Ulcerative Colitis
Hemorrhoids Center - Colon Cancer Symptoms Raleigh North Carolina
The Cary Gastro Hemorrhoid Center is here to provide you with fast and painless healthcare treatment for hemorrhoids. We understand that some people may have reservations in consulting about this condition that is why we strive to make you feel at ease during your visit. Our healthcare center also aims to keep you informed about your condition.
Our doctors, who are board-certified gastroenterologists, puts a premium on the doctor-patient relationship. They will examine you closely and provide you with the best treatment for your condition.
Women’s Center - Colon Cancer Symptoms Raleigh North Carolina
The Cary Gastro Women's Center for GI Health serves the specific needs of women with gastrointestinal (GI) concerns. Women go through GI concerns related to stress, pregnancy, and hormonal changes.
Some women may not be comfortable disclosing delicate issues concerning their health. As a practice that highly values healthcare privacy, we provide women a venue where they can disclose concerns with female doctors without reservations. Communication is essential in addressing different GI health problems so feel free to describe what you’re feeling and let our physicians take care of the rest.
Schedule an Appointment - Colon Cancer Symptoms Raleigh North Carolina
If you are experiencing any digestive disorders, Cary Gastro has the services to help you. Contact us at (919) 816-4948 to schedule an appointment with our doctors. You may also set up a consultation online. You may also check out our website at https://www.carygastro.com to learn more about our company and our services. We are looking forward to providing our services to you.
Cary Gastroenterology Associates - Our Locations
We have six clinics ready to accommodate you. Visit us in any of these locations:
1000 Crescent Green, Suite 102
Cary, NC 27518
208 Village Walk Drive,
Holly Springs, NC 27540
3100 Duraleigh Road, #203
Raleigh, NC 27612
1505 SW Cary Parkway, Suite 202
Cary, NC 27511
2417 Atrium Drive, Suite 101
Raleigh, NC 27607
8300 Health Park, Suite 210
Raleigh, NC 27615